All electrical systems deteriorate over time and can cause major faults and even start a blaze if not maintained regularly. An Inspection will reveal any potential hazards that might be lurking in the tested, electrical system. Electrical systems can and will cause massive failure if not maintained and inspected regularly.
All the Little things that should be checked to ensure that no Major hazard occurs
A domestic Inspection will reveal any potential hazards on the installed electrical system. The testing should include:
- Checking all the fixed wiring; Check for any deterioration on all connections and the wiring between connectors. Rodents can cause faults chewing on the wiring.
- Check for earthing or the lack thereof. All plugs and switches should be earthed to ensure a minimum change of electrocution.
- Identify any defective work while checking the fixed wiring.
- Check RCD’s to make sure they trip when a fault might occur.
- All fuse and circuit breaker ratings should also be checked. This is to ensure safety throughout your home or business’ electrical system if a fault does occur.
A domestic inspection is required every 10 years or whenever the property changes tenancy. This ensures that the system is safe and usable. An Inspection will also be required when you put up your property for sale. It might be worth your while in having an electrical condition report to show prospective buyers.
In the same way, when buying a property, you should want an Approved electrical contractor to check the electrical installation and ensure you that no nasty surprises are waiting. Always make sure that all testing, repairs and maintenance to an electrical system are done by a qualified, Government Certified Electrician.
Tests and Inspections on electrical installations can also be done for Insurance purposes. Maintaining electrical systems in Peterborough ensure the safety of people and property, and even can be just for your own peace of mind.
Therefore it is important to have regular electrical inspections on all electrical wiring and installations, on either, domestic and commercial properties.